Syringa Integrative Health Centre has used ozone treatment for cancer effectively for many years. The ozone therapy is administered by Dr Goldberg himself for all the indications listed below. It may be prescribed as a therapy in its own right or as part of a complementary or integrated health programme.
Ozone is well known as the gas that is present in the ozone layer in the upper atmosphere of the earth, about 20 to 25 Km above the earth’s surface. It is formed through the action of ultraviolet light from the sun on oxygen whereby an extra oxygen molecule is added to the two molecules of oxygen. It is of vital importance in protecting the earth’s surface from excessive exposure to ultraviolet light.
It is a colourless gas with a characteristic odour which can be detected after a violent thunderstorm, through the production of electrical sparks, the activity of electrical welding and photocopy equipment.
It is used commercially as a powerful disinfectant in breweries and other industries, in the purification of drinking water, as a powerful oxidizing agent for bleaching and cooling and therapeutically in the treatment of a wide range of illnesses.
Use in Medicine
Its therapeutic value was discovered in 1840 by Schönbein and used for many years in dentistry and surgery. Today it is widely used in European spas, in clinics and private practices.
- Infections caused by bacteria, fungi and viruses. Eg Chronic viral infections such as herpes, hepatitis, Epstein Barr and CMV virus, candida and other yeast infections. It destroys certain bacteria and fungi more rapidly than chlorine
- Circulatory support in diabetes, diseases of arteries, veins and capillaries, heart attacks, strokes, dementia, Alzheimers, gangrene.
- Inflammatory conditions such as: rheumatoid arthritis, chronic osteo-arthritis, spondylitis, psoriasis, lupus, eczema, allergies, burns and other acute inflammatory conditions.
- Immune deficiency states: such as HIV positive states, AIDS, recurrent infections.
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Cancer as an adjuvant treatment
Modes of action:
- breaks down cell walls of micro-organisms by forming peroxides which are stable oxidation products
- destroys infected or damaged cells
- inactivates viruses
- improves oxygen transport and utilization
- induces enzymes and stimulates immune-modulating substances such as interferon, interleukins, cytokines and tumour necrosis factor
- improves red blood cell function
- selective oxidation prevents the production of free radicles which only occurs in aqueous solution at a pH of 7.8
Ozone is generated by passing pure oxygen through an ozone generator. It may then be administered in a variety of ways according to indications or needs of the patients.
- Intravenous – also known as auto-haemotherapy. Ozone treatment for cancer and other conditions is administered via a very fine needle. The gas dissolves into the blood. The procedure takes about ½ hour and is the most common application for most indications. It cannot be done when veins are too thin or inaccessible.
- Intra-arterial – Ozone is injected directly into an artery for arterial circulatory disturbances such as diabetes and gangrene.
- Rectal – Ozone is pumped into a plastic bag and pressed gently into the rectum. Especially useful for intestinal inflammations, fistulae and intestinal candidiasis.
- Vaginal – Ozone is expressed from a plastic bag for local vaginal conditions, eg infections, herpes, discharges etc.
- Bladder – Ozone from a bag is passed via a catheter into the bladder to treat infections, tumours etc.
- External Surfaces – Burns, wounds, skin conditions such as eczema, fungi, psoriasis are treated by exposing the area by a closed plastic hood filled with ozone.
- Intracutaneus or subcutaneous – for dental or varicose veins respectively.
- Intramuscular – for tumours or muscular conditions.
- Ozonated Olive oil – is used for ulcers, eczema, acne, fungal infections, wounds and ear infections.